I’d like a job
We are a small and friendly firm at Fletcher Thompson and we believe that having the right people allows us to provide the best possible service. Our mission is to provide a personable service to all of our clients, putting the people back in the increasingly digital world of accountancy. Our current vacancies are below.
Fletcher Thompson are a firm of Chartered Accountants offering accountancy and tax services to individuals and smaller owner managed businesses. We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join the team.
Closing date for applications:
04 Aug 2019
Monday to Friday: 8:30 am - 5.00 pm with an hour lunch.
Total hours per week:
Possible start date:
28 Aug 2019
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working within our small and friendly team, the role will initially be a mixture of office administration and client work, becoming more client focussed with training and experience. The job will include both on-site and day-release training. Working with and reporting to other members of staff.
Day-to-day duties to include:
- General administration duties
- Communicating with customers and clients
- Shadowing senior members of staff
- Using accountancy software
- Learning knowledge, skills and behaviours of an Assistant Accountant.
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will be comfortable with working with numbers, analytical, organised and methodical.
- Personal qualities
- Happy to work within a team environment
- Good at listening
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised
- A good work ethic
A minimum of grade C/4 in GCSE or equivalent in English and maths.
The right candidate will be able to continue their professional development onto professional qualifications such ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) or ACA (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales).
Things to consider
- There will be elements of the role which are office administration and not client related and therefore not the most exciting tasks but necessary for the business
- December and January are the busiest time of the year for the industry and therefore the only holiday allowed in these months are the days between Christmas and New Year
- Holiday entitlement is 20 days plus bank holidays
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apply for this position by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you think you would like to work for our company in a different role, then please send over your CV we will keep this on file for any future potential openings.