April Newsletter

April Newsletter

It's the start of the new financial year and another year of business for Fletcher Thompson. See our April E-News below!

We are another year older:

On 31 March, Fletcher Thompson celebrated 21 years in business.  Quite an occasion! How times have changed since we started!  We know that our experience is of great importance to our clients but also with great experience comes a great amount of client care.

As a firm we have always kept up to date with all of the newest software and technology. We are always at events and training to constantly provide our clients with the most relevant and up to date information.

We are really looking forward to seeing what the next year brings…

 

 

New workplace pension limits:

New workplace pension limits apply from the 6th April. This is 5% from the worker and 3% from the employer, an overall minimum of 8% of earnings. Think that this affects you but not quite sure how? Contact us and we can help.

We’ve rebranded:

Look at our new look! What do you think? We thought it was about time for a bit of a shake up to show what we are all about. Want to know more? Read our ‘Why we rebranded Article’ https://fletcher-thompson.co.uk/articles/why-have-we-rebranded_297.html

We’ve had some great feedback so far and we are really happy with how it has all gone. Do feel free to send us your feedback!

 

Making Tax Digital for VAT:

Making Tax Digital for VAT is now in effect as of 1st April 2019. If you are not sure what this means for you yet, give us a call to see how we can assist.

Many of us have already signed up for the Making Tax Digital for VAT pilot and as such are aware of how to sign up and start submitting VAT returns through software. It is important to be aware that if your accountant is completing your VAT returns for you, you have to have authorised them via HMRC to do so for you.

For more information on Making Tax Digital for VAT visit the HMRC website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-tax-digital/overview-of-making-tax-digital

 

 

Advisory Fuel Rates for Company cars have changed:

In line with recent reductions in fuel prices, HMRC have reduced their suggested reimbursement rates for employees' private mileage using their company car from 1 March 2019.  The rates to use from 1 March 2019 are shown below

 

Engine size

Petrol - amount per mile

LPG - amount per mile

1400cc or less

11 pence

7 pence

1401cc to 2000cc

14 pence

8 pence

Over 2000cc

21 pence

13 pence

 

Engine size

Diesel - amount per mile

1600cc or less

10 pence

1601cc to 2000cc

11 pence

Over 2000cc

13 pence

 

 

New minimum wage:

National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates have updated. Have you checked to see if you need to change your pay rates? The hourly rate for the minimum wage depends on your age and whether you are an apprentice.

For more information visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates